Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fun Poems for children.



Some people
by Rachel Field

Isn’t it strange some people
make you feel so tired inside,
Your thoughts begin to shrivel up
like leaves all brown and dried!

But when you’re with some other ones,
it’s stranger still to find
Your thoughts as thick as fireflies
all shiny in your mind!
 





We Could Be Friends
Myra Cohn Livingston

We could be friends
Like friends are supposed to be.
You, picking up the telephone
Calling me
to come over and play
or take a walk,
finding a place
to sit and talk,

Or just goof around
Like friends do,
Me, picking up the telephone
Calling you.

 



 
And the Answer Is…
 by Carol Diggory Shields

Lunch Money and Other Poems About School
Teacher, please don't look at me
The answer is a mystery.
I'm staring into empty air,
I'm sliding underneath my chair.
I'm making myself very small,
I wish I wasn't here at all.
Teacher, teacher, pass me by,
Please pick on some other guy.

Teacher, teacher, call on me
I know the answer, can't you see?
This one's a wrap, a snap, a breeze.
Just look in my direction, please!
I'm almost bouncing off my chair.
I'm waiving both hands in the air.
Teacher, teacher, ask me first,
'Cause it you don't, I think I'll burst.




No comments:

Post a Comment